11th September - 17th September 2023
The Retreat Outline
Come and join us! We’re having a raw food and yoga retreat over 5 wonderful days in Southern Portugal at a magical secret garden we found this summer! A well kept secret, we are inviting you to join us for a truly special retreat.
We will be offering gourmet raw food and dessert preparation classes each day, and two daily yoga classes, with the option of Thai Massage, eco pools, a magic water lily lagoon, and lovely glamping style accommodation. Each evening we will celebrate together with bhajans and group hang-outs in this natural wonderland.
Find nourishment, beauty and rest, and restore your energies with warmth, charm, joy and companionship. Find your inner Roar!
We have a full but relaxed pacing, with morning meditation and yoga, followed by a raw food breakfast, and a 2-hour raw food prep class together each day. The afternoon offers options for Thai massage in the afternoon, and we then have early evening yoga, dinner, and our evening programme and an early-ish night!
In your rest time, enjoy exploring the phenomenal natural beauty of this special place and its lush gorgeousness, including a secret and empty beach 5 minutes from your accommodation.
We can’t wait to welcome you!
"Martha puts so much love and passion into her culinary creations, her food is not just super-nutritious but it is true art, created from the heart - bliss for the belly and the soul!"Kate Magic – Globally renowned raw foods expert and author
You will be sleeping in a beautiful glamping bell tent! With a comfy bed, and full bedding and towels provided. There are multiple eco showers around the garden, including the famously named ‘Niagara Falls’ for obvious reasons! Each bell tent is uniquely placed in its own space and they are all close to the main kitchen and eco pool too.
This really is a natural wonderland. Flowers abound, and grapes, figs, bananas and lemons grow amongst many other unique and wonderful plants, many of them labelled charmingly by hand. There are so many opportunities to discover secret spaces to rest and be engulfed by nature. The water lily lagoon is a jewel to behold, and the eco pool is chic and simple, with natural clay structures providing shelter from the plentiful midday sun and rustic kitchens and lounging areas to socialise in. Close by you can find a secret beach too, with cactus fruits and long stretches of solitude.
Monte Gurugu Video
The Retreat Menu
The Retreat Schedule
The Retreat Details
- 6 nights, 5 days of accommodation in a beautiful Southern Portugal location near Tavira, a hidden magical garden of Eden with a private path leading to the beach of the gorgeous Ria Formosa.
- 3 Healthy gourmet raw food meals per day designed to provide a balanced diet.
- 2 Daily yoga classes accessible to all levels, Morning class to awaken and an afternoon class to energise the body.
- 2 hour daily Raw Food class, designed to teach the essentials of an accessible and delicious raw food diet, including prep and ingredients.
- An Eco pool and an Eco lake, chemical free and suitable for swimming.
- 2 Daily meditations, morning and evening.
- 2 Evenings of Kirtans, with group singing of sacred songs.
- 1 Evening workshop of Thai Massage, focusing on the essentials for head, neck and shoulders.
- Evening group sessions that will set aside a period of time where we all check in with each other.
- 7 Glamping bell Tents with real bed mattress, can accommodate, two singles, couple or an individual.
- 2 Caravans that can accommodate two couples or two singles or an individual. an inside shower and kitchen.
- Communal Kitchen
- Hot and Cold Outdoor Showers
- Outdoor compost toilet
- Sheets and Towels provided
- Beach towels not supplied
- No WiFi but phone network available
Book your retreat!
Monte Gurugu is located in Portugal, in the Algarve, at 35 kms from Faro airport and 150 kms from the airport in Seville/ Spain. The closest villages are Conceição and Cabanas. From Faro Airport there is a Bus to the train station of FARO, from there the line FARO-Vila Real de Sto. António stops at Conceiçao de Tavira, 4 kms from MG. For those who want to cycle, there are many bicycle shops in the area.
You will receive an information pack once you register.
- Due to the close proximity of the start date there is no cancellation policy